A gallery wall is a fun and creative way to display important moments and artifacts from your life. We’ve put together images and tips to help guide you in creating your own!
Advice for a Gallery Wall
1. Use mixed media. Use a mix of photography, prints, and drawings to convey your aesthetic. Think of a theme, like vacations or family, and start gathering items to tell your story.
2. Choose a color palette. We love gallery walls that stick to a color scheme and feel cohesive. Choose a monochromatic scheme or go for a multicolor palette that will make your wall pop.
3. Vary frame size and material. Use a variety of frame sizes, textures, and styles. Choose two to three frame types so there is a common element amongst the frames.
4. Add accessories. Just because it’s an art wall doesn’t mean you need to stick to traditional art. Try adding wall accessories, like mirrors, bold letters, clocks, and geometric shapes.
5. Plan before framing. Gallery walls come in a variety of shapes and sizes, and sometimes that can feel daunting. Upload your room into the Decorator app and play around with frames until you find the right combination. See how our community has used the Decorator app to plan below:
Now that you have some tips, we can’t wait to see the awesome gallery walls you’ll make!
If you haven’t downloaded Decorator yet, you can download from the App Store here.